Thursday, May 21, 2009

Quotes 5/21

"Perhaps it is laid up as a pattern in heaven, where he who wishes can see it and found it in his own heart"- Plato




"Oh well, oh well, I feel so good today,
We just touched ground on an international runway
Jet propelled back home, from over seas to the USA

New-York, Los Angeles, oh, how I yearned for you
Detroit, Chicago, Chattanooga, Baton Rouge
Let alone just to be at my home back in ol' St-Lou.

Did I miss the skyscrapers, did I miss the long freeway?
From the coast of California to the shores of the Delaware Bay
You can bet your life I did, till I got back in the USA

Looking hard for a drive-in, searching for a corner cafe
Where hamburgers sizzle on an open grill night and day
Yeah, and a jukebox jumping the records like in the USA

Well, I'm so glad I'm living in the USA.
Yes. I'm so glad I'm living in the USA.
Anything you want, we got it right here in the USA"- Chuck Berry



No comments:

Post a Comment