Friday, May 15, 2009

Free Mp3- The Last Beat

This is a song off my album As Rome Burned. You can download it by clicking on the title below. This is one of my favorite things I've done, I like the violins a lot.





The Last Beat












The Last Beat


I couldn’t believe it but that’s all right. Life gets hard I’ve heard them say. This place will close out they’ll dim the lights, grab the pulse for one last day.

The last beat here baby tonight. At the foot of the stage. Underneath the spotlight. The last beat here baby tonight. You made ‘em all pay. They bought you outright.

I caught the disease and burned it bright. The fever hot, a burning brain. Before they come down, and kill the lights, just bundle up what’s left to save.

The last beat here baby tonight. At the foot of the stage. Underneath the spotlight. The last beat here baby tonight. You made ‘em all pay. They bought you outright.

And it’s not over now but I can hear the end. Coming like a storm to wash away the greatest sins.

The heart of darkness in my sight, a genuflecting smiling face. And they have gathered right outside. I’d burn it down before they could have their way.

The last beat here baby tonight. At the foot of the stage. Underneath the spotlight. The last beat here baby tonight. You made ‘em all pay. They bought you outright.

No comments:

Post a Comment