Sunday, May 10, 2009

The 10 Greatest Doo Wop Songs (Part 2)

continued from last post


3) I Only Have Eyes For You- The Flamingos

Recorded a number of times, like you'd expect a song this great to be, The Flamingos version came out in 1959, 25 years after the original version by Dick Powell and Ruby Keeler. There's a whole world inside here, just like there are inside certain pairs of eyes. "You are here, and so am I". And thank God you are. We all disapear from view, it was so lonely without you to look at.





4) In The Still Of The Night- The Five Satins

From 1956 and written by the lead singer of the group, Fred Parris. Nothing lasts forever but in the still of the night I promise to never let you go. Those self deceptions are what make life worth it, "so before the light, hold me again with all your might, in the still of the night". I hope this song made you rich beyond your wildest dreams Fred.






continued next post

No comments:

Post a Comment