Tuesday, April 28, 2009

The 10 Greatest Springsteen Songs (Part 1)

1) Thunder Road

I fell in love to this song. It was back in highschool, lost and alone, I met the most beautiful girl I've ever found and Bruce had already found her first. Everyone leaves you but this one; they'll all lie to you but her. Cry if you want to, play it loud if you want to, hold her close if you want to; down from here it's almost tragic; everything else that once was great from now on compared to this will never be as great as it was and will come up looking a little bit worse. If you're going to give your life than give your life to something special; here's making the greatest record ever and keeping the magic on this Earth.






2) Devils And Dust


Some people will think this is a bad choice for number two on a list of Bruce's best songs. But if they do then they must know something that I don't. "Devils and Dust" is the best song about terrorism, civil liberties, being a soldier and being a human that's ever been written as far as I can find. It's almost the exact same melody from one of his other songs ("Blood Brothers") but that means nothing. "What if what you do to survive kills the things you love". When this song first came out I played it in my car for weeks, and I just heard it for the first time in a while and got chills at "we're a long long way from home Bobby, home's a long, long way from us" just like I did in 2005 when it was released. Bruce was 55 when it came out; this is no country for old men but here's how old men stay alive as all the young become deceased.



continued next post

No comments:

Post a Comment